Recently my husband and I took our first trip flying with children. Which for anyone who has ever done it is like trying to herd cats. So….. what did I learn from this wonderful experience?
- A baby carrier is a must for little ones. We have an 8-month-old and trying to maneuver a stroller around the airport would just be a pain and one more thing that you must keep track of.
- Having your diaper bag within arm’s reach always is essential. We were stuck on the tarmac for a while and had put the diaper bag above the seat. To say the least she was a little unbearable for a while.
- Do not put baby to sleep in a carrier before takeoff. They make you take baby out of the carrier during takeoff. Which for my daughter just makes things worse.
- Give baby a bottle during takeoff and landing to help alleviate popping ears.
- Bring entertainment, children get bored easily so be sure to have plenty of things to keep them entertained. (Tablets, games, ect.)
- Make sure that they eat before you bored the plane. Many children get motion sickness more often when they have an empty stomach.
- Bring gum or suckers, this will help with ears popping on the plane.
- Bring blankets for the kids, they will hopefully go to sleep.
- Personally, I like to take benadryl to make me a little bit sleepy so that I can relax more.
- Try to get seating with more leg room if you are carrying a baby.
- Bring a pillow to try to make yourself more comfortable.
Well there is my two-cents on flying with children hopefully it is helpful to someone else. Over all our flight with our children was very good I hope yours is too.